Body of Knowledge
APICS, the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in operations management, provides comprehensive education and training programs that significantly improve an individual’s understanding of operations management practices, strategies, and concepts. The APICS body of knowledge consists of education, research, and standards developed by leading practitioners and academicians. Through regular expansion and refinement, the APICS body of knowledge offers the most expert, current, and relevant education to the growing operations management community.
Individuals seeking leading-edge solutions to increase their knowledge and advance their careers and organizations interested in building a skilled, innovative, and productive workforce will benefit from APICS education—the standard for excellence in operations management.
Through the APICS body of knowledge, individuals:
- Sharpen their skills and command of operations management by taking advantage of hands-on interactive training through APICS national workshops, online classes, Webinars, and local chapter certification review courses and workshops.
- Validate their knowledge and skill set in the field of operations management through internationally recognized certification program, Certified in Production and Inventory Management (CPIM). Education leading to certification is delivered using APICS’ proprietary courseware and time-tested study materials, including the APICS Dictionary, the global standard for terms and definitions used in the field.
- Gain insight and share experiences with peers and industry experts, locally and worldwide, through daily online-community discussions, monthly chapter meetings, workshops, and the annual APICS International Conference and Exposition.
- Keep abreast of industry developments through the award-winning APICS Magazine, local chapter newsletters, APICS e-News, and exclusive online resources such as news feeds, white papers, educational offerings, career listings, and virtual community interactions.
Through the APICS body of knowledge, employers:
- Train their employees to be better prepared, more knowledgeable, more capable, more productive, and able to contribute to a successful bottom line.
- Validate their employees’ operations management knowledge through support of APICS certification.
- Encourage and support their employees’ participation in APICS to enhance their leadership skills and professional network, which leads to greater self-confidence and improved productivity.