What is APICS?
APICS, The Association for Operations Management, is the global leader and premier source of the body of knowledge in Operations Management, including Production, Inventory, Supply Chain, Materials Management, Purchasing, and Logistics.
Since 1957, individuals and companies have relied on APICS for its superior training, internationally recognized certifications, comprehensive resources, and worldwide network of accomplished industry professionals.
The APICS membership community of 270 local APICS chapters and 33 International Associates supports nearly 60,000 members in 20,000 manufacturing and service industry companies worldwide.
By joining APICS, professionals keep up-to-date on industry best practices, new technologies, and techniques and gain access to exclusive members-only resources, networking, and cost savings on educational materials.
Employers who endorse APICS membership for their employees create a more capable, knowledgeable, and productive workforce.
Facts on London, Ontario...
- Since January 1976, London has been home to the London and District APICS Chapter
- Kellogg's, 3M, General Dynamics and Labatts are a few of many manufacturing companies located in London
- London is is a two-hour drive from Windsor/ Detroit, Toronto and Buffalo, and is located on the NAFTA superhighway at the junction of highways 401 and 402
- Population density: 2,170.2 per square mile; 837.9 per square kilometre
- also known as "The Forest City"
- Jenny Jones (talk show host) was born here
- 150 million people live within a day’s drive of London
- The average cost for a standard two storey house in London is C$233,700